Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Special Sunday

Sunday was a special day for the Higgins family.  Our sweet precious new arrival (well sort of new arrival) Kinlee Linn Higgins was blessed by her father in our Sunday sacrament meeting.  You see in our church, worthy priesthood holders are invited to gather around an infant and in this circle they place hands upon each others shoulders and one under the baby.  The father (my son) a worthy priesthood holder pronounces a blessing upon his child and gives her a name which she will known as throughout her life here on this earth.  It is a very sweet and special time for a father and also those who come together in celebration of the birth of a new child.  April 10 105Brad, (my son) did a wonderful job in his blessing of his daughter.  It was emotional.  He is a kind man.  A good father, and a good husband.  I am proud of him.  I love him.  He was once my baby.  Even with my wonderful camera I could not capture the love and emotion through a picture.  

April 10 053 

 

this little stinker would not wake up so that I could take her picture!  I will have to go back and take other pics.  It will make her mad to have to get dressed up again LOL.  I just could not get the lighting right, no flash, then I used the flash then no overhead lighting then overhead lighting, shadows everywhere!  I just couldn’t get it right.  But…in the end, it didn’t matter.  She is beautiful in any kind of light!April 10 051

Look at those cubba wabba chunky monkey cheeks!  I could kiss them all day long!

 

 

April 10 094

 

 

AHHHH she does wake up….. only to eat again!  Sleep and eat….sleep and eat….that is all this baby wants to do!  Can you tell she is a healthy baby!

 

 

 

April 10 020

 

Saturday the day before her blessing day she anticipated having so many people want to smooch those adorable cheeks…..

 

April 10 027

 

Once in a while I could capture a teeny tiny little smirk…before…

 

 

April 10 030

 

A full out cry of PICK ME UP MOTHER AND GET THAT CAMERA OUT OF MY FACE OMA! hehehe

 

April 10 032

 

 

AHHHHH thank you mama….

 

Once again, thank you Brad and Tera for such a beautiful grand baby girl to spoil and show off and take millions of pictures of so that I can make my blogger friends crazy!

love and hugs….mom

19 comments:

Burrell said...

Pretty baby girl! Love those cheekies! Smoochable, definitely! Awwww. So precious. Not Lord of the Rings PRECIOUSSSSSSSS, but sweet smoochable, edible baby-licious precious. Mmmmmm.

Diana said...

She looks like a baby doll! Really! What a nice tradition your church has Linda. I've never heard of that before and it sounds very sweet and special. Just like Kinlee! Your son sounds like a wonderful man and looks filled with pride! Such a great day!
Love Di ♥

Joolz said...

Hi Linda

Oh, she's so cute! I love the chubby arms and cheeks. As we say, she is obviously in a good paddock!
Sounds like a lovely ceremony with lots of happy memories.

Cheers - Joolz

Mandy said...

Oh what a sweet baby girl. I love the pictures with her sleeping. Congratulations Brad and Tera!

shabby girl said...

OH! You are truly blessed!!! Pictures are nothing compared to the feelings of your heart!
I pray for a wonderful future for your family! :)

Bernie said...

Linda she is adorable, and I don't blame you one bit for being so proud of your son, you have a beautiful family....:-) Hugs

Jientje said...

Awwww, what an adorable little baby. You did make me jealous!

Lisa said...

Oh, LInda, what a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations on such a special day for a perfect little soul!

Pat said...

Is she for rent? Oh how I would love to hold her and breathe in the innocense and purity that only a baby offers. She is beyond darling, this precious gift from God. You should be very proud of your son, he is an honorable and good husband, father and son. These are the blessings of life that are worth far more then gold!

Wanda..... said...

Kinlee Linn is beautiful in her little head band and dress for the blessing. Such a nice tradition, Linda. Nothing sweeter than babies.
Enjoy her, even the crying looks sweet!
♥...Wanda

Sniffles and Smiles said...

She is absolutely gorgeous, Linda!!! No wonder you are so proud...and how can you resist her?? And she is a very fortunate baby girl to have such a beautiful and loving family! You are a fabulous grandma, I KNOW!!! Love, Janine XO

Barb said...

We are truly blessed, Linda, with sons who are thoughtful, honorable men, and with Grandchildren who make our hearts melt with love and pride. Kinlee would definitely ask her Mom to throw me out of the house - if I wasn't photographing her, I'd be patting or smooching those chubby cheeks. She is a gorgeous baby girl! (Plus her blessing dress and matching headband are wonderful!)

Cynthia L. H. said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful ceremony. ;^) Your photos do capture the emotion. I see it. And Oh, those CHEEKS!!!! ;^0 ;^) ;^) Hugs to you, "OMA!" ;^)

Penny said...

So sweet- Don't you love being a grammy? She is beautiful and so precious- Brad reminds me so much of young Bob- when Brad was a baby! Wow- we are getting old girl! Our babies are having babies~

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

What a little beauty! Thanks for visiting my little blog...;-)

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling you are driving me crazy with these gorgeous photos. Kinlee Linn is adorable, such porcelain skin and a doll's face, a little angel. May God bless her and keep her safe, healthy and happy. As for your son, I think a man doesn't grow up right unless he has an incredible mother to lead the way! You had a lot to do with him turning out the way he did. Luv, thanks so much for you sweet and kind comment on my blog, it truly brought tears to my eyes. I pray that you and I get a chance to meet in person. Remember my post on Alice in Wonderland {nothing is impossible}. See you soon.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Megan said...

Aw, she's beyond adorable. And that sounds like a beautiful ceremony.

Terrie said...

I just can't get over how much she looks like her daddy! And those Cheeks. You're right, they are the kind you just want to kiss and kiss and kiss.

Love ya all
Terrie

Suburban Girl said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO precious!!!