Wednesday, December 8, 2010

This time of year….

Ok ok I know, it has been a couple of weeks again, it either is all at once and I have a huge brain spurt of ideas or just blank space which has been happening a lot lately….blank space.  This time of year is always so beautiful for me.  Because I am excited to see children excited.  I use to get excited….not yet though…but  will be soon when it gets a little closer to “the day”. 

I am just grateful to have a roof over my head and my health.

Did I say my health?  Oh excuse me…I must have been thinking of..oh forget it, I wasn’t thinking at all LOL.

No really I do feel blessed.  Very blessed.  This year has been ONE HECK OF A YEAR (screaming) and I CAN’T WAIT FOR IT TO BE OVER ALREADY (still screaming).

I am sure many of you feel the same way.  Then I read a beautiful blog with such beautiful inspiration from Heather T (found on my side bar) or Wanda or Barb and remember the beauty in this world and my Savior and (getting inspired here) my funny friend Diane and so many blogger friends (all on my side bar) that I visit and forget all my Woe’s and I am ok again.

Yes I am rambling, because I haven’t blogged in 2 weeks again.

Ah my LADY at the top, she is such an icon!  dec 09 042 This is me some day, all glammed out (not the grey hair though, I have tried and I just look….old) (no offense to women who have beautiful silver hair!) it just isn’t me…. my dad had the most BEAUTIFUL hair and loads of it, I have 3 brothers with beautiful silver hair too, and if I hadn’t started coloring my locks at age 20 I probably would be completely silver, but I will have the diamonds and pearls and a list for Santa…hehehe.  I might just have to keep her out all year round to remind me of how beautiful life is….

It took me 4 days to get all my Christmas decor out and spread out all over my great room. 

Tree up, lights on the house, (Huh-honey) just finished them the other night…dec 09 023

I have my office filled with a few ornaments here and there since I spend my daylight hours here (sigh). I am just a sparkly kind of gal that loves the lights and  prettiness of the season.  It just brings a smile to my face.  Don’t get me wrong …I know the true meaning of the season.  I never forget the true meaning  but I love Christmas music and usually play it much earlier than most people would like to hear it.  I have it on my i-tunes on my computer so….you get the picture.  “Is that Christmas music I hear?” (co-workers) “uh huh” (me laughing) so if your a scrooge please don’t walk into my office and complain of having to listen to softly playing Christmas music!

My sweet Huh-honey and I went and picked pine cones off of the ground (at a park), we picked the very best and biggest we could find and shhhh don’t tell anyone, we plucked a few off of the branches.  I love how they cluster together,  dec 2010A 130 I took a few pictures of the pine trees and then Huh-honey sprayed and put glitter on those big ole cones and we added them to my tree.  It just made the tree look…well fuller. hehehe

 

Do you see the Robin resting on the branch?  They like plucking the nuts out of the opened pine cones…

Looks like I have rambled on long enough….tomorrow I will ramble some more….I took some pics of my adorable grandbaby Kinlee.  I haven’t posted very many pics of the grandkids lately…so I had better get to it…of course for journaling sake that is!…..

hugs and smiles across the miles

13 comments:

shabby girl said...

Nice pictures! I love all of the sparkling lights & music too, but I guess I'm too lazy to put them up. I sure like looking at everyone else's though!

imac said...

Neat shots my friend, we have not thought about Christmas yet,lol.

Wanda..... said...

It's really great to see a post from you, Linda and I soooo understand how quickly 2 weeks go by...that's about how often I post. As for Christmas music...I too could listen to some of the songs all year...actually I do. I have a clock that chimes on the hour with a short Christmas tune...I leave it up all year! I love "Please Come Home For Christmas" by anyone who sings it, Bon Jovi, the Eagles or Aaron Neville...anyone will do...I have them all on my Rhapsody account!

Thanks for the mention, Linda...enjoy the rest of the year!

Librarian said...

Good to see an update of yours appear on my dashboard, Linda! I like Christmas deco in other people's places, but in mine, I prefer a look that is more sparse ;-) It would drive me crazy after two days he he

Have you seen my giveaway? It will run until Sunday, then I will draw the winner.

Bernie said...

I agree with you on so many things my friend and I love how you include my best friends in your post...I do wish you a Merry Christmas and even more the best year ever in 2011.....:-) Hugs

Pat said...

There you are...I was waiting for you to resurface!
Your house looks so pretty, that man of yours is awesome!
I went to an Advent service at my daughters church this week and when we started singing Christmas songs of Christs birth the tears started to flow...Oh HOly Night..really got to me!
Just got my tree up today..later then usual, it's so much work now! LOL!

Eileen said...

Beautiful post, Linda!
And I've heard so many, many people say they can't wait for this year to be over and hope that ringing in the New Year will bring them better luck! It's been a hard year for lots of people I know.
You are in my prayers.

I know how it can get with blogging (or NOT blogging) too, sometimes life just gets in the way, and then all of a sudden you feel stagnant, and it's almost hard to try and pick up where you left off.

'Wishing you joy, and peace, and health, and many, many more Blessings!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Eileen said...

PS ~ 'Loved your photos (especially the pine cone cluster!), and I loved your decorations too! Great job!

Heather said...

I feel your feelings, much of the same, Linda, as you do mine :)

I can't place what the missing link is with me lately, but I've been asking and trying really hard to listen, pay attention. My Christmas Spirit hit quick just after Thanksgiving and then ran out on me as soon as school started back up. I LOVE the sparkly lights...that brings me back...and the music, yes...that too. Today, I googled some Celtic music and turned on my computer speakers. I found Christian Christmas Celtic music and I cleaned around the house while listening to it. Oh boy, it refreshed me from the inside out...and I felt so much brighter. I think that sometimes I forget the importance of feeding that part of my spirit. Nourishment comes in SO many different ways....

Jientje said...

How quickly time flies, it's almost Christmas AGAIN! I remember your little red lady from last year, she's the star of the ball, isn't she? I love all your Christmas decorations and the lights outside your house, it looks so festive!

Barb said...

Well, I got back home and looked on my dashboard and there was Lady Christmas looking as good (or better!) than she did last year! Glad you are all decorated and ready for the season, Linda. Will look forward to pics of the little ones. That Huhoney is such a big help - he's your best gift all year round!

Diana said...

Hi my friend!!! I have missed you so much! I think that I am back, been having a tough few weeks but I know that you understand!
I love your rambling, I want to do that myself just haven't been ready yet! Your decorations and Lady friend are beautiful! And you never know, some day you may like the gray! Either way you are beautiful inside and out! And that's the whole truth!!
Love Di ♥

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Linda! Just want to let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying that your Christmas is full of joy and love! You're a blessing to me! :o)

I'll be kind of scarce till the new year, but then will be making an extra effort to blog more!!

Love and hugs to you!!
Becky